The Indian cuisine is popular for its vibrant spices, herbs and a variety of rich flavours that improve the aroma of the cuisine.
Traditionally the Indian diet emphasizes the consumption of a plant-based or a vegan diet. Therefore, foods like fruits, vegetables and legumes were the staple food for every household. However, there were incidents of consumption of meat but in less number.
Soon that trend changed after the entry of Western food companies such as Dominos, McDonald etc. This resulted in the rise of obesity in the Indian population, especially in metropolitan cities. These heavily processed foods can be easily accessed to the general population, therefore, the pre-adult and the adult population has seen a spike in obesity rates and obesity-related chronic diseases such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease etc.
What to Eat Best Diet To Be On To Lose Weight
Try incorporating the following ingredients into your daily meal plan:
- Fruits: Including mango, papaya, pomegranate, guava, oranges, tamarind, lychee, apples, melon, pears, plums, bananas
- Vegetables: Tomatoes, spinach, eggplant, mustard greens, okra, onions, severe melon, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage and that’s only the tip of the iceberg
- Dairy: Cheese, yogurt, milk, kefir, ghee
- Nuts and seeds: Cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, watermelon seeds
- Legumes: Mung beans, dark peered toward peas, kidney beans, lentils, heartbeats and chickpeas
- Roots and tubers: Potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips, yams
- Whole grains: Brown rice, basmati rice, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, grain, corn, entire grain bread, amaranth, sorghum
- Protein sources: Tofu, vegetables, dairy, nuts and seeds
- Herbs and spices: Garlic, ginger, cardamom, cumin, coriander, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, dark pepper, fenugreek, basil.
- Solid fats: Coconut milk, full-fat dairy, avocado, coconut oil, mustard oil, olive oil, nut oil, sesame oil, ghee
In order to lose weight effectively, you need to practice mindful eating and engage in activities such as strength training, yoga and other physical activities. Some of the foods that you can try these apart from the foods these are
- Fruits: Apples, strawberries, mango, papaya, banana, grapes
- Frozen produce: Mixed vegetables and frozen fruits
- Beverages: Green tea, coffee, sparkling water, Darjeeling tea
- Grains: Oats, millet, quinoa, whole-grain breads, brown rice
- Starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnip, pumpkin, corn
- Legumes: Lentils, pulses, beans
- Nuts: Almonds, pistachios, cashews
- Seeds: Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, lotus seeds
- Dairy: Milk, unsweetened yogurt, unsweetened kefir, cheeses, curd
- Condiments: Sea salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger, paprika, cinnamon
- Proteins: Tofu, dairy products, legumes, hummus
- Vegetables: Greens, cauliflower, herbs, carrots, peppers, garlic, eggplant
- Healthy fats: Olive oil, unsweetened coconut, coconut oil, ghee, sesame oil, avocado, peanut butter